Sunday, June 20, 2010

Mt Tabor Stair Crawl & Coffee

One day while eating a delicious lunch at Bakery Bar (yummy) with my dear friend Laurie, our conversation touched on the subject of exercise.  Laurie came up with a brilliant idea of meeting at the Mt. Tabor stairs a couple of early mornings each week to trot up them.
 One cold wet, wet early morning we enthusiastically began to jog up the stairs which quickly turned into a walk and then nearly a crawl for me! Laurie is in much better shape although she is nice enough to act like we are both hurting bad!
Last week we counted the stairs, 280 and we do this twice!
Laurie suggested we grab a cup of joe one morning and that gave birth to my idea of trying a new coffee shop once a week. What better way to try one of Portland's best pastimes than with a good friend after a morning of exercise.
Stumptown on Belmont was our first coffee shop. I am not a coffee critic but I will say yes, I enjoyed my latte and the atmosphere!

When in Portland, do what the Portlanders do, drink coffee.



Thea's Interiors

1 comment:

kmarie said...

Congrats on the stairs. Stumptown is truly one of the very best in the city!