Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hello!




Hello!  My name is Pamela and I am one of the gals who works for Thea at Thea's Interiors.  I am here one day a week and have a great time helping customers, rearranging small displays and dusting, dusting, dusting!  The rest of the time, I am a stay at home mother, lover of art and design, avid traveler and gardener. I also love to do projects around the house like sprucing up an orphan piece of furniture found at Goodwill!  I"ll be joining Thea in posting once a week.

This week, I'm going to share my favorite spot in my house with you.  It's my sunroom.  I've always wanted a sunroom since I moved to Oregon twenty years ago and I immediately claimed it as my personal space when we bought the house.  Unfortunately, the rest of my family ignores my stake and I often find my sunroom cluttered with seventh grade homework and my husband's sports page.  Oh well, it was worth a try.

The sunroom is approximately 10 x 25 and wrapped in windows on three sides.  The remaining side is filled with French doors that lead to my living room.  It is always bright, even on Oregon's grayest days and a great place to read or sip coffee in the morning.  We also use it as an office and have located the computer in this space.  It is filled with an eclectic mix of old and new pieces.  The pullout couch is a newer piece along with a few lamps.  The bookshelf is an antique hand me down from my mother.  The desk is an estate sale find.  The wicker chair was picked up at a garage sale.  The coffee table is Austrian pine and is full of dings and random nails added over it's many years.  The chair at the desk comes from my grandfather's tavern and makes me think of him.  Scattered throughout the room and used to hold papers and pens is my collection of 40's pottery.  It's a great example of mixing new and old things to create a  livable space.

This little sunroom sees more living than all the other rooms in our house.  It is comfortable and cozy, but the wrap around windows make you feel  like you're in the garden.  Our house is on a corner, so you can look out the windows and have this great sense of space.  That's hard to come by in an established urban neighborhood and helps make the room even more special.  At the end of the day, my family can all be found snuggled on the couch, feet on the coffee table, sharing our tales of the day.  And as bright and cheery as it is, the fact that everyone always gravitates to this room is what really makes it my favorite! 

No comments: